This section guides you through configuring your integrations. Once configuration is complete, data owners and governors can use tags to create policies.
Best practices for users, permissions, attributes, and tags
The best practices outlined below will also appear in callouts within relevant tutorials.
- If sensitive data discovery has been enabled, then manually adding tags to columns in the data dictionary will be unnecessary in most cases. The data owner will need to verify that the Discovered tags are correct.
- Turning on sensitive data discovery can improve your data's security with its automated tagging. Immuta highly recommends the use of this feature in tandem with vigilant verification of tags on all data sources.
- Use an external IAM for authentication and Immuta's internal IAM to manage attributes.
- Use the minimum number of tags possible to achieve the data privacy needed.
- Start organizing attributes and groups in Immuta and transfer them to your IAM.
This section includes concept, reference, and how-to guides for configuring your integrations, connecting your IAM and external catalog, and enabling sensitive data discovery. Some of these guides are provided below. See the left navigation for a complete list of resources.